The current average salary of an
is $70,000 - 95,000 annually
What does a quality officer do?
Quality officers are concerned with maintaining the standard quality and requirements for their business’ products or services. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 52,400 workers in 2017 to 59,900 by 2022. 26,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be a quality officer?
Quality officers must have an exceptional eye for detail, strong organisational skills, and the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Have keen attention to detail to ensure all products and services meet standard requirements
- Have a strong, thorough knowledge of business’ established quality standards
- Excellent communication skills in providing feedback and pinpointing improvements where needed
- Ability to work well and collaborate within a team environment
- Ability to hire and train new team members
- Strong organisational skills for preparing documents and collecting data