The current average salary of an Restaurant Manager is $54,400 - 66,000 annually
Restaurant managers oversee the smooth running of restaurants to ensure customer satisfaction regarding dining experiences. They work within hotel, chain or individual settings. Employment for restaurant managers to 2019 is expected to experience very strong growth over the next 5 years. Employment in this very large occupation (70,600 in 2017) has grown very strongly over the last 5 years.
Read more about the retail industry.
Restaurant managers oversee staff, ensure profitability and manage customer expectations in a range of dining and leisure settings.
- Managing the restaurant budget and overseeing book keeping activities
- Discussing menu ideas with chefs and making menu plans
- Overseeing and undertaking stock control including purchase and pricing
- Hiring restaurant staff and overseeing their training and progress
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations for customers and staff
- Ascertaining levels of customer satisfaction and acting accordingly