The current average salary of a retail area manager is $65,000 – 94,800 per annum
Retail area managers are responsible for supervising employees in one section or department of a retail store. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 231,000 workers in 2017 to 238,300 by 2022. 137,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the retail industry.
Retail area managers must exhibit strong leadership, time management, communication and organisational skills within a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work with a team of other retail staff
- Excellent delegation and leadership skills to ensure all daily work priorities are being taken care of
- Top-notch time management skills for ensuring all daily tasks are executed
- Sound knowledge of business products to advise customers (or potential customers) on use
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills for handling complaints and inquiries
- Sound knowledge of organisational OH&S regulations