The current average salary of an
is $48,600 - 75,600 annually
Sales consultants seek out potential clients for their organisation to sell their goods and services to. Employment for this role is expected to stay fairly stable to 2022, from 86,800 workers in 2017 to 84,600 by 2022. 69,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Sales consultants require excellent communication skills, sound knowledge of their product or service, and a strong knowledge of marketing.
- Excellent communication skills for meeting with and promoting services to potential customers
- A good knowledge of sales and marketing for persuading potential clients on the benefits of their product
- Strong organisational skills for keeping records of all colleague and client communications
- A personable character for approaching new people
- Strong listening skills and a sense of social perceptiveness for effectively responding to clients
- Good research skills for acquiring knowledge on market conditions and competitors