The current average salary of a sales manager is $73,500 - 117,500 per annum
Sales managers oversee and take part in activities related to advertising, marketing, sales and public relations. They work within organisations or in an agency setting. Employment for sales managers to 2019 is expected to experience strong growth. Employment in this very large occupation (142,500 in 2017) has grown very strongly over the past 5 years.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Sales managers are involved in the planning and coordination of a range of marketing activities to promote products, services or organisations.
- Consulting with senior staff on sales and marketing policy creation and implementation
- Keeping up to date with recent changes in marketing strategies and facilities
- Overseeing existing marketing campaigns and new enterprises
- Understanding and sharing information statistics related to sales
- Coordinating the marketing work of external agencies and internal employees
- Assisting in price setting where this has an impact on sales and marketing