The current average salary of an Sales Representative is $53,800 - 75,000 annually
Sales representatives work for businesses who want to sell a particular product or service. Employment for this role is expected to stay fairly stable to 2022, from 86,800 workers in 2017 to 84,600 by 2022. 69,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Sales representatives find success through having personable, assertive, and detail-oriented personalities in order to sell their goods or services.
- Excellent communication skills for meeting with and promoting services to potential customers
- Goal-oriented mindset for meeting weekly and monthly sales quotas
- Strong organisation skills for handling multiple customers and following up on customer satisfaction
- Excellent customer service skills for providing clients with the help and assistance they need
- A thorough knowledge of their product or service
- Having a personable approach to gain genuine trust from their customers