The current average salary of an
Sales Team Manager
is $86,000 - 160,500 annually
Sales team managers are responsible for overseeing a team of sales personnel. Accountabilities include setting sales goals and analysing data. Employment for sales team managers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly over the next 5 years. Employment in this very small occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Sales team managers are responsible for ensuring that their sales teams meet sales targets and contribute to company growth.
- Liaise with other managers to agree sales plans and set achievable sales goals
- Instruct and guide sales personnel to implement activities related to sales plans
- Measure and analyse sales against company targets
- Train and coach sales personnel
- Keep abreast of current sales and marketing techniques
- Gain and promote productive customer relationships