The current average salary of an
is $52,500 - $62,000 annually
Salon managers ensure that all the daily activities and operations of their business are running smoothly. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 35,400 workers in 2017 to 45,500 by 2022. 29,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the beauty therapy industry.
Salon managers are well-organised, have excellent customer service skills and are able to form positive work relationships with their employees.
- Can understand customer needs and know how to provide high quality service
- Have excellent planning and coordination of people and business resources
- Are able to display sound judgement and decision making, especially when hiring new workers
- Have excellent time management skills and an ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Are driven, positive, encouraging individuals who can meet company goals on a deadline
- May be required or preferred to have a background in beauty therapy or cosmetology