The current average salary of a SQL developer is $78,000 - 110,500 per annum
SQL developers (also known as “Structured Query Language” developers) develop custom web applications and business databases. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 104,000 workers in 2017 to 119,000 by 2022. 60,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the information technology industry.
SQL developers are well-versed in writing, testing, and debugging program code in accordance to business software or database requirements.
- Must be proficient in programming languages and know how to write, diagnose and correct program code
- Excellent communication skills to guide others on designing, implementing, and maintaining data systems
- Able to implement security measures to protect data from loss or theft
- Have a keen attention to detail for troubleshooting and pinpointing areas for improvement
- Must be certified in Microsoft
- Must be reliable and display high integrity in dealing with classified data