The current average salary of an
is $45,000 - 79,600 annually
Tax agents are responsible for a range of compliance related financial reporting services. These include auditing for tax purposes, writing financial reports, setting budgets, advising for decision making and dealing with insolvency issues. Employment for tax agents to 2019 is expected to experience moderate growth. Employment in this very large occupation (189,100 in 2017) was stable in the last 10 years.
Read more about the accounting and finance industry.
Tax agents work with clients to ensure compliance with a variety of statutory financial requirements. They also assist with organisation wide decision-making.
- The development, with clients, of accounting and budget related policies
- The preparation of financial statements and reports
- Auditing and financial investigations including suspected fraud and insolvency
- Offering tax advice regarding organisation plans and operations
- Introducing and overseeing systems for accounting, including technology based systems
- Ensuring accuracy in all financial and financial compliance reporting