The current average salary of a telemarketer is $39,000 - 58,500 per annum
Telemarketers generally work in outbound sales, contacting potential customers and generating leads through phone calls. They do not usually meet customers face to face. Employment for telemarketers to 2019 is expected to fall. Employment in this small occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Telemarketers make first phone contact with potential clients and aim to start conversations designed to generate sales.
- Using a prompt script to talk on the phone to a given list of contacts
- Creating a rapport with potential customers over the phone
- Generating conversations to lead to the promotion of goods or services
- Keeping accurate records of all phone calls for future action
- Working with a database to maintain accurate records
- Providing data for statistics related to call success rates