The current average salary of an Tourism Consultant is $39, 000 - 65,000 annually
Tourism consultants ensure the supply of recreational transport, accommodation and entertainment to individuals and groups. They also offer advice, suggest itineraries and make travel arrangements. Employment for tourist consultants to 2019 is expected to experience moderate growth. Employment in this medium sized occupation grew moderately over the last five years.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Tourism consultants work with individuals and corporate clients to provide travel services and advice.
- Understanding the wishes of clients who are planning to travel for either business or pleasure
- Discussing itinerary options including costs, transport options, dates and safety restrictions
- Making reservations for travel, accommodation and activities
- Ensuring that clients have all of the necessary information for safe and smooth travel
- Receiving disbursements and issuing tickets and other travel documents
- Working with tourism agencies to create interesting client experiences