The current average salary of an
is $70,400 - 122,700 annually
Tourism managers assist with the marketing, visitor management, and development of tourism services and products to attract visitors to a particular region or site. Employment for this role is expected to grow moderately to 2022, from 22,500 workers in 2017 to 24,100 by 2022. 12,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Tourism managers have an expert knowledge of particular destinations, along with great marketing and business skills in order to successfully promote them to potential visitors.
- Excellent sales skills for negotiating tour package deals with potential visitors
- Top-notch marketing skills for promoting certain sites and destinations
- A thorough knowledge of the places they promote, to be able to recommend travellers with sights and attractions
- Good research skills for keeping up-to-date with destination events, prices, and transportation directions
- An approachable, friendly personality that fosters trustworthy and positive interactions or relationships with clients
- Innovative and a strong initiative for developing tourism guides, services, and products