The current average salary of an
Western Herbal Medicine Educator
is $57,400 - 79,000 annually
What does a western herbal medicine educator do?
A western herbal medicine educator aims to inform others on the treatments and therapeutics of medicinal plants in treating a wide variety of health issues. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 7,300 workers in 2017 to 8,300 by 2022. 3,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the natural therapies industry.
What skills do you need to be a western herbal medicine educator?
Western herbal medicine educators have an expert background in natural remedies and aim to provide patients with treatments and therapies based on herbal medication.
- Have an intrinsic desire to help others and improve their current state of health
- Have a passion and thriving interest in the field of herbal medicine; along with research skills to keep up with trends/innovations
- Excellent interpersonal skills for listening to and providing medical advice to clients
- Have extensive knowledge of existing treatments, therapies, and remedies
- Have a keen attention to detail for assessing patients on their state of health and underlying issues
- A strong understanding of human psychology and biology