Students will train in vendor specific courses such as Unity 5, along with vendor neutral courses in game development, storyboarding, short film development, and artificial intelligence. Basic skills in story and content writing, introductory programming techniques, and business analysis will also be covered. Once completed, individuals can find employment opportunities as an assistant animator, games developer support, assistant designer, and more.
This course uses a blend of vendor specific, vendor neutral, and trainer-developed materials.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
||Vendor Neutral Courses
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft C#.NET Language
- Introduction to Unity
- Utilising Unity Development
- Welcome to Developing Games
- Writing Research Papers
- Foundations of Programming: Object Oriented Design
- Scripting Unity with C#
- GIMP Essential Training
- Build a Match 3 Game with Unity
- Creating a Short Film
- Creating a Storyboard
- Real Time Strategy and Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Copyright
- Ethics in Leadership
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Designing a Presentation
- Getting Your Point Across
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Planning a Web Design Portfolio: Getting a Job
- Privacy, Copyright, Ethics
- Business Needs Analysis
- Translate Business Needs
- Enterprise Strategic Direction
- Writing Technical Documents
- Introduction to Project Management Principles
- Project Integration
- Articulate, Present and Debate Ideas
- Work Health and Safety
- Service Desk Analyst
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.