Community services insights
There's no doubt that the area of Community Services is an exciting and growing profession, which offers stability, career fulfillment and a wide variety of job roles.
* All information on this page has been complied using figures from payscale.com.au and the Australian Government's joboutlook.gov.au - all figures are indications only, and are accurate at time of publication. Please do your own research before selecting a course or career.
Why study community services with Upskilled?
Upskilled’s community services online courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to enrol any time of the year and study at your own pace.
What will you learn?
Among other things, you'll learn how to:
- develop, facilitate and monitor all aspects of case management
- recognise and respond to diverse individuals in a range of roles and professions, based on your career desires.
You’ll also learn how to work within a structured community services framework and to apply specialist interpersonal and case working skills. Other skills include working with clients on personal, career, study & employment options and getting information about clients’ abilities and needs.
You will also potentially be providing resources to assist people, assessing needs in relation to treatment and conducting counselling or assessment interviews. Other roles in Community Services might involve helping clients adjust attitudes, expectations and behaviour, and consulting with clients to develop rehabilitation plans.
Do you need to do work placement?
Some of our community services courses will require you to undertake an industry placement that includes both clinical work and fieldwork. This ensures that you not only graduate with a qualification, but with valuable, practical experience and industry contacts to help further bolster your career.
What other study perks do you get with Upskilled?
Furthermore, your online course includes:
- comprehensive student support to help you throughout your study
- a dedicated online lecturer will be provided to assist you in your learning process and offer academic support
- access to a range of collaboration and communication tools that enable you to network and discuss with other students in your field, further enriching your overall student experience.
Some of the diplomas and certificates allow you to graduate with a Nationally Recognised Qualification that can boost your chances of employment and more opportunities to accelerate your learning even further.