The current average salary of an
is $45, 600 - 55,000 annually
Care workers work with people of all ages including the aged and those with disabilities. Care work can take place in a range of settings including people’s own homes, nursing homes and hospitals. Employment for care workers to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the community services industry.
Care workers are responsible for the physical care, emotional support and assistance of people with a variety of needs. They may work in home or community settings.
- Work as part of a team to ensure on-going care needs are met.
- Contribute to 24-hour care as required.
- Provide hygiene support as required including toileting, washing and dressing
- Assist with daily living tasks such as nutrition, laundry and housework
- Have a positive impact on the quality of life for those requiring care
- Use the required reporting methods to keep accurate records of health and behaviour issues