The current average salary of an
is $53,600 - 70,500 annually
What does a volunteer manager do?
Volunteer managers are responsible for the hiring, training, and supervising of volunteer staff in an organisation. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 20,900 workers in 2017 to 24,800 by 2022. 18,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the community services industry
What skills do you need to be a volunteer manager?
Volunteer managers are in charge of a non-profit organisation’s recruitment, training, and program planning.
- Excellent leadership skills for training and guiding staff, ensuring service mission objectives are being met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for teaching new recruits and working well with staff and clients
- An intrinsic passion for giving back to the community and helping others
- Able to perform supervisory activities such as overseeing all volunteer scheduling, activities, and screening
- Ability to exert good judgement, able to recruit new people and match them to projects suited to their skills
- Good marketing skills for increasing their mission awareness