The current average salary of an
Aged Care Worker
is $40,200 - 59,750 annually
Aged care workers provide in-home assistance to elderly people. They assist with mobility issues, household chores, shopping, personal hygiene and provide companionship. Australia has an ageing population and the future growth of this industry is very strong. It is a large industry set to employ 241,200 workers by 2022.
Read more about the community services industry.
An aged care worker looks after the physical and emotional needs of their clients, assisting them around the home and accompanying them to social events.
- Implementing general housekeeping procedures
- A caring personality, empathy, compassion
- Ability to establish and foster good relationships
- Assisting client to maintain hygiene and get dressed
- Organising social outings and activites
- Preparing meals and snacks