Upskilled provides a very practical CHC51015 - Diploma of Counselling course.
Be a trainee counsellor for a simulated workplace
During the course you will be a trainee counsellor for Upside of Counselling (UoC) a simulated workplace where you will be able to complete supervised counselling sessions required to complete your qualification and gain much-needed hands-on practice in counselling clients. You are required to complete at least 15 supervised sessions, using fill case management techniques.
What will I learn from this simulated experience in counselling?
You will work with at least 6 different clients with varying issues throughout these counselling sessions, some carrying out a full cycle of counselling through to completion while applying learning and counselling theories to practice. You will learn:
Using techniques which include:
- Establishing a respectful counselling relationship with clients
- building rapport
- active listening
- various intervention techniques
- involving and encouraging clients to participate with-in the counselling process.
Addressing personal wellbeing including:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy.
Implementing vital skills and knowledge for clients. These include:
- Cultural needs
- Spiritual needs
As a Trainee Counsellor, you will also learn the importance of self-reflection of performance and to care for your own health through debriefing, supervision and managing your own stress.
- provide intervention
- treatment/recovery plans
- interpret intervention requirements
- confirm requirements with the client and obtain client consent
- work with others for assistance as required
- document and monitor their process and progress while providing self-directed recovery.