Every business owner
will experience the challenges of trying to grow their business
. Whether you want to increase brand awareness, get more clients or make more sales, there are various strategies you can implement to scale quickly and transform your small business into a thriving venture.
Effective growth relies on having clear goals - so make sure you identify your business needs
first and foremost.
Let’s start with the following tips to help you quickly grow your online business and start seeing results:
Ways to quickly grow your online business
- Begin with effective networking strategies.
- Utilise influencers.
- Create a quick PR strategy.
1. Begin with effective networking strategies.
with the right people is one of the best ways to get the word out about your business. While it may seem difficult to attract people’s attention, a plan of action can help.
For example, find out whether there are any speaking events
you could attend or even speak at, to gain exposure and align yourself with other experts.
One day as a guest speaker at a popular networking conference can turn into hundreds or thousands of leads within a short space of time.
2. Utilise influencers.
Creating partnerships with influencers in your industry can be a fast way to gain traction with your online business. Trust has always been key to building successful human relationships, and this is no different in today’s digital
Influencers are people who have built up a social media
following and gained the trust of their community.
As a result, they have the ability to alter the purchasing habits of consumers
, which makes them a powerful marketing
resource for any business. You can find influencers on your own by using tools like HypeAuditor, Discoverly and Tweetdeck to name a few.
3. Create a quick PR strategy.
DIY public relations
might seem a little intimidating, with a bit of creativity and the right angle you can turn your business launch into a newsworthy story that media outlets will want to talk about.
Creating a press release is much easier than you think (there are plenty of templates online, or you can hire an expert
on any freelancing website to do it for you) - the real challenge is making it interesting enough for a journalist to take notice. Here are a few ways to do this:
- Publish a relevant research piece with data, quotes and resources on your website to encourage journalists to cite your company as a source (e.g. a food delivery business might come out with research that states “X% of Australians are using apps to order food delivery”).
- Use a weird holiday such as “Fun at Work Day” or “Wife Appreciation Day” to brainstorm topic ideas for your launch story.
- If appropriate for your business, consider aligning yourself with a charity by becoming a sponsor and gaining exposure through the charity’s audience.
- Organise a weekend event or set up a stall at your local fair - depending on the type of business you have. This could be a great way to get people interested.
Want to learn more on how you can make your advertising dollars count?
Most of us ideally don’t want to spend a lot of money on advertising
, particularly if we aren’t sure whether it will yield results. But if you want to grow quickly then you must be prepared to invest a little money in marketing
However, it pays to be strategic. For example, you may want to create a landing page to capture leads that you can then market your services to, or you can avoid advertising online altogether and decide to opt for print newsletter advertising or letter box drops-off
Do your research before you take the plunge and work out the best way to advertise to your target audience.
While growth is exciting, it’s important to be as prepared as much as possible so that you can effectively manage this growth to ensure your business remains profitable
Upskilled offers hundreds of flexible online courses in business
to help fill any gaps in your knowledge or kick start your dream career right now.