The current average salary of an
is $77,000 - 110,000 annually
Contracts officers liaise between companies and their clients to provide advice and help with issues related to contracts. They often work closely with legal and finance colleagues. Employment for contracts officers to 2019 is expected to grow moderately. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
Contracts officers offer advice and guidance on the administration, legal obligations and financial implications of contracts between organisations and their clients.
- Liaise on all aspects of contractual matters between companies and clients
- Work with and advise high level managers across a range of organisations
- Work closely with internal departments including those responsible for financial and legal issues
- Have an accurate and up to date working knowledge of contract language and structure
- Use negotiation skills to develop new contracts to suit organisation policy and goals
- Ensure the maintenance and updating of existing contracts including contract demographics and fees