The current average salary of a managing director is $61,400 - 82,600 per annum
Event managers are responsible for the planning and smooth running of occasions such as conferences, banquets, events and functions. They oversee a number of staff to meet a range of client expectations. Employment for event managers to 2019 is expected to experience very strong growth. Employment in this large occupation (25,900 in 2017) was stable in the last 5 years.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Event managers work closely with clients to plan and organise a wide range of events. They are responsible for the coordination of outside and internal resources.
- Discussing in detail client requirements and explaining available options on a variety of services
- Managing the coordination of venues, catering, accommodation, transport, IT and display equipment and decoration
- Marketing a range of events to potential clients
- Responding to client enquires regarding event costs, equipment hire and catering options
- Negotiating and working within an agreed budget
- Supervising work carried out by external contractors to ensure events meet client expectations