The current average salary of a transport and despatch clerk is $50,000 - 63,400 per annum
Transport and despatch clerks are responsible for managing the incoming and outgoing of goods from their business to another. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 39,400 workers in 2017 to 42,600 by 2022. 24,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the logistics industry.
Transport and despatch clerks must be well-organised, have a good sense of customer service and an excellent ability to communicate and work well with others.
- Have a keen attention to detail – must ensure that outgoing goods meet specifications and are in good condition
- Have excellent organisational skills for arranging the export and import of product in an efficient and timely manner
- Good understanding of customer service for dealing with multiple clients and businesses
- Knowledgeable in WHS policies, ensuring that all procedures are carried out safely
- Can communicate well and work collaboratively within a team to ensure smooth operation of tasks
- Able to solve problems and identify risks