Are you looking to boost your skills in basic cyber security? Our Statement of Attainment in BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business will give you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in basic cyber security awareness, so that you can remain vigilant when it comes to online threats and security breaches.
With more people working remotely and companies relying on cloud platforms to keep confidential information in place, having knowledge in cyber security has become essential to increase the online safety of people and avoid breaches and threats triggered by spam and phishing attacks.
What will you learn?
- Promote knowledge and policies surrounding workplace cyber security.
- Manage personal identifying information and workplace information securely.
- Identify and report online security threats.
This short course is ideal for people looking to build a unique skill set in basic cyber security awareness and using this knowledge to empower individuals to safely carry out work online. This can be for people working in office manager roles or those looking after systems and applications where an awareness in cyber security measures are required.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to boost their skills and knowledge in basic cyber security, or those who want to remain vigilant of online cyber security threats and empower those in the workplace to recognise online threats such as spam and phishing attacks.
The Short Course in Cyber Security Awareness is recommended for (but not limited to) those in the roles of:
- Office-based workers looking to have an additional skill set in cyber security and help organisations avoid breaches and threats online.
- Organisations who want their employees to be aware of cyber security concepts, so they can safely carry out work remotely and abide by company policies when it comes to handling confidential information.
- Business owners who manage different systems and applications and need awareness in cyber security measures.
Why should you do this course?
- Receive an industry-recognised certificate of attainment in basic cyber security awareness. This means that if you complete this course, you'll receive a certificate that acknowledges your unique skill set, which you can share to potential employers and your peers.
- Learn job-ready skills in cyber security. This short course will give you a competitive advantage since the assessments have been designed to give you practical skills in basic cyber security, that can benefit the organisation you work for or put you in a unique position where you're aware of online cyber security threats in order to protect the systems you manage.
- Ideal for busy professionals looking to basic cyber security skills in a short time frame. We understand that most people's schedules are busy, so we'll give you up to 4 months of access to the course, giving you time to study at your own pace and the added flexibility of balancing your other commitments.
You'll have access to the Short Course in Basic Cyber Security Awareness
for up to 4 months, giving you time to study at your own pace and the flexibility to develop your skills.
From learning how to manage confidential information to empowering others in being aware of cyber security threats, this is a great learning opportunity if you want to build the skills needed to safely manage sensitive information and protect the digital assets of those of an organisation or company.
This course comprises three units that will provide you with the training needed to gain skills in basic cyber security awareness. By the end of your studies, you'll receive a Statement of Attainment in BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business, which will provide you with recognised skills as part of your professional development.
The duration for this course can take up to 4 months, depending on your skills, experience and expertise.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Promote cyber security awareness and best practices
- Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- Identify and report online security threats
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Technical aptitude
By choosing Upskilled, you'll gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
Following enrolment, you can request further information from Student Support. A trainer will then be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
Looking to upskill even further?
Did you know that if you complete the Short Course in Basic Cyber Security Awareness, you'll have done units that are recognised in the full qualification BSB40120 - Certificate IV in Business.
This course is a great step up if you want to receive a nationally-recognised qualification, helping you make your mark in cyber security.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.