You may have completed other qualifications, training or believe that you have significant industry experience. In this case, you may be eligible for RPL or CT in some areas of your qualification.
If you do not wish to apply for CT or RPL, this section is not mandatory on your pre-course requirements tile.
What is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
You can save time in achieving a qualification by having your skills recognised by a process called Recognition of Prior Learning, or often called 'RPL'. This is where your existing skills and knowledge are assessed by a registered training provider (e.g Upskilled) which can help identify the experience, knowledge and skills you may already have.
Upskilled will be working with you closely to determine your eligibility for RPL. This means:
- If you have received practical training in the form of work or volunteer experience, you may need to provide relevant testimonials from previous employers or volunteer organisations about your training, or provide samples of your work.
- You may be asked to complete relevant assessments or tasks to prove you have existing knowledge or skills.
How to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning
For further information on RPL, please check out Upskilled's Guide to RPL
. To apply for RPL, you should contact your trainer or download the RPL kit from your MyUpskilled Dashboard.
What is a Credit Transfer (CT)?
A Credit Transfer means that if you have studied a relevant qualification at a Registered Training Provider in Australia, you may be able to gain credit towards a nationally recognised qualification with Upskilled.
Upskilled recognises qualifications and statements of attainment that are issued by other registered training organisations according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
This means, if you have previously studied a relevant course at another RTO or similar, you may be able to reduce the number of units you need to complete for your qualification.
How to apply for a Credit Transfer
For information on Upskilled's policies regarding RPL and CT, please refer to the Student Handbook.
- Download a Credit Transfer application from the Pre-course Requirements section on MyUpskilled, or request one from Student Support.
- Upload a certified copy of the original AQF certification, including the transcript, with the signed credit transfer application to the Pre-course Requirements section on MyUpskilled.
- Alternatively, you can give Upskilled permission to directly view a USI transcript online via the USI transcript Service (www.usi.gov.au), in coordination with Student Support. However, you will still be required to submit your signed credit transfer application to the Pre-course Requirements section on MyUpskilled as above.
- If you apply for credit transfer, you must give signed permission to enable Upskilled to verify any of your qualifications with the original issuing party, or ASQA if required.