The current average salary of a logistics coordinator is $58,200 - 77,000 per annum
Logistics coordinators manage the transportation and warehousing of their business’ goods. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 39,400 workers in 2017 to 42,600 by 2022. 24,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the logistics industry.
Logistics coordinators have excellent organisational, communication, and multi-tasking skills for managing incoming and outgoing goods; and worker activity.
- Capable of leading and directing workers as well as delegating tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills for working with suppliers and buyers
- Sound knowledge of government policies and regulations to ensure shipping activities are compliant
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once; must be well-abled in managing the movements of various products
- Strong organisational skills for managing multiple invoices, purchase orders, and other shipping documents
- Attentive and observational; are required to keep an eye out for potential risks or quality control issues in the movement of goods