Looking to sharpen your communication and organisational skills as a leader? Our Statement of Attainment in BSB40520 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management including: (Develop Personal Work Priorities, Leadership and Communication Strategies) will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to organise work priorities to ensure that the best strategies are in place to lead a team and enhance workplace communication.
If you're in a leadership position and want to make an impact, this course can help sharpen your skill set in leadership, ensuring that there's effective work output and time management in your team.
What will you learn?
- Be a strong influence when it comes managing the performance of team members, ensuring that management style reflects workplace culture, values and ethics.
- Plan and prioritise work priorities that impact the team and that key responsibilities are upheld in management role.
- Display effective communication in the workplace.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those wanting to confidently manage their work priorities and develop effective leadership and communication strategies.
Short Course in Introduction to Leadership and Management is recommended (but not limited to) for those in the roles of:
- Supervisors wanting to effectively lead their team as well as provide them with support and guidance in their work.
- Team leaders looking to enhance their skills in prioritising workload that affect the team and their role.
- Managers needing to find ways to balance their workload while also managing personal targets and KPIs.
Why should you do this course?
- Receive an industry-recognised certificate of attainment in work priorities and leadership & communication strategies. This means that if you complete this course, you'll receive a certificate that acknowledges your unique skill set, which you can share to potential employers and your peers.
- Access to exclusive learning content, as well as additional resources. Upskilled has access to video platform sites like LinkedIn Learning, giving you the opportunity to tap into more resources that can support you further with your assessments.
- Ideal for busy professionals looking to enhance their leadership and management skills to effectively facilitate work output and productivity in their team. We understand that most people's schedules are busy, so we'll give you up to 6 months of access to the course, giving you time to study at your own pace and the added flexibility of balancing your other commitments.
You'll have access to the Short Course in Introduction to Leadership and Management
for up to 4 months, giving you time to study at your own pace and the flexibility to develop your skills.
Advancing your skills in work priorities, as well as finding effective communication strategies are all important contributors in being a dependable manager or supervisor. From this course, not only will you learn these but you may end up developing transferable skills that can help expand your existing attributes as a leader.
This course comprises three units that will provide you with the training needed to gain skills in managing work priorities and communication strategies. By the end of your studies, you'll receive a Short Course in Introduction to Leadership and Management
which will provide you with recognised skills as part of your professional development.
The duration for this course can take up to 6 months, depending on your skills, experience and expertise.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- Develop personal work priorities
- Apply communication strategies in the workplace
Other personal skills you may learn long the way include:
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
By choosing Upskilled, you'll gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled's customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details.
Following enrolment, you can request further information from Student Support. A trainer will then be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT.
Looking to upskill even further?
Did you know that if you complete the Statement of Attainment in BSB40520 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (Develop Personal Work Priorities, Leadership and Communication Strategies), you'll have done units that are recognised in the full qualification BSB405120 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
This course is a great step up if you want to receive a nationally-recognised qualification, helping you make your mark in your management role.
This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios. You'll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice.