Become a leader and a manager of others, and inspire your team. This certificate will teach you to lead effective workplace relationships, and improve your core communication skills. Learn to address customer needs and develop work priorities. The qualification goes into specific detail about identifying risk, WHS, risk management and how to implement operational plans. Make yourself indispensable with this nationally recognised, comprehensive course.
The standard course is conducted over a 12 month period; within a self-paced online learning environment.
Upskilled will gather information about your previous experience and skills, weekly study commitment and online learning experience to provide you with an projected duration for your course based on your individual circumstance.
Upskilled uses MyUpskilled to manage the delivery and assessment of your course. This means you can learn at your own pace.
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification.
The participants in the BSB42015 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management may be employees already working in supervisory or leadership role.
As a guide, entrants to this program may:
- have completed year 12 in compulsory education
- hold a certificate II or III in a similar discipline
- have some work history in an associated field
- complete an interview process with a designated Upskilled representative to ascertain suitability to the program and to review your current skills and experience, as this may allow you to move through the course more quickly
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team.
They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
To ensure participants are able to seamlessly access our online learning platform and video content, they will require access to a modern computer with high-speed internet. Participants will also need to possess basic computing skills, and may be required to complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy skills assessment before enrolment can be confirmed.
Upskilled courses include specialised learning materials, and access to:
- Upskilled’s fully customised online learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support services
- your trainer via the trainer/student messaging system
- webinars; both live and recorded sessions
- video content access via:
Recognition of Prior Learning / Credit Transfer
Work experience or formal qualifications you have may count towards your course. If you have previously undertaken study at a recognised institution or have some relevant work experience, you might gain credit towards specific units in a course; shortening the time you have to study. You can send your application for Credit Transfer or RPL
during the enrolment process.
Upskilled takes evidence gathered from a variety of sources to deem a student as competent. Assessment processes might include some or all of the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- summative and formative assignments
- written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- scenarios and/or case studies
- written/oral questions
- regular training and assessment contact will be maintained by Upskilled in conjunction with the participant and their employer (where applicable). Critical dates during the program will be identified for participants to ensure compliance to assessment due dates, and attendance at monthly webinars as required.