The current average salary of an Supervisor is $46,000 - 83,000 annually
Supervisors oversee and guide the day-to-day performance of a small group. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 53,000 workers in 2017 to 52,900 by 2022. 20,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
Supervisors must be highly organised, display excellent communication skills and work well as a leader for their team.
- Strong organisational skills for delegating tasks, scheduling workers’ hours and keeping on top of deadlines
- Well-abled in training team members on their delegated tasks
- Exert strong leadership skills in guiding their team to meet goals as well as provide constructive feedback
- Quick problem-solving and critical thinking skills for assisting in emergencies or setbacks
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledgeable in safety policies and procedures and ensure that their team is compliant with such rules