The current average salary of an Team Leader is $44,700 - 57,600 annually
Team leaders have a supervisory role within their company, overseeing the performance of a particular team of workers. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 53,000 workers in 2017 to 52,900 by 2022. 20,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
Team leaders must exert excellent leadership and communication skills, as well as display a thorough knowledge of their business’ daily operations.
- Top-notch communication skills for delegating tasks among their team and guiding them in day-to-day operations
- Excellent leadership skills for motivating and managing workers, as well as providing constructive feedback
- Keen observation skills for reporting on employee performance and working habits to upper management
- Strong organisational skills for handling multiple tasks and responsibilities at once
- Goal-driven and determined to meet business profit targets
- Excellent work ethic and ample experience working in the business