The current average salary of an
Assistant Store Manager
is $54,200 - 74,900 annually
What does an Assistant Store Manager do?
Assistant store managers report to the general manager of a retail store, and is responsible for monitoring the indoor processes of the business, ensuring systems and tasks are running smoothly.
What are the key skills of an Assistant Store Manager?
Assistant store managers require excellent communication, leadership, and organisational skills to help run the retail business effectively.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively and ensure all workflow is handled efficiently by staff
- Strong leadership skills to assist in the guidance and training of new workers
- Excellent organisational skills for managing worker schedules, day-to-day priorities and stock
- Ability to multi-task, switching focus from one job to another
- Ability to keep calm and level-headed in a high-stress environment
- Excellent customer service skills for assisting with retail floor responsibilities
How to become an Assistant Store Manager
If you're interested in becoming an Assistant Store Manager, gaining experience in the retail sector is recommended or studying a relevant VET qualification in the industry.
If you want to further consolidate your skills in leading a team and delegation of tasks, studying the BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management can help refine your skill set for the role of Assistant Store Manager.