The current average salary of an Assistant Store Manager is $46,200 - 58,800 annually
Assistant store managers report to the general manager of a retail store, and is responsible for monitoring the indoor processes of the business, ensuring systems and tasks are running smoothly. Employment for this role is expected to grow to 2022, from 231,000 workers in 2017 to 238,300 by 2022. 137,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the retail industry.
Assistant store managers require excellent communication, leadership, and organisational skills to help run the retail business effectively.
- Ability to delegate tasks effectively and ensure all workflow is handled efficiently by staff
- Strong leadership skills to assist in the guidance and training of new workers
- Excellent organisational skills for managing worker schedules, day-to-day priorities and stock
- Ability to multi-task, switching focus from one job to another
- Ability to keep calm and level-headed in a high-stress environment
- Excellent customer service skills for assisting with retail floor responsibilities