The current average salary of an
is $80,000 - 135,000 annually
What does a business manager do?
Business managers oversee and maintain the day-to-day operations of their organisation. Employment for this role is expected to grow strongly to 2022, from 53,000 workers in 2017 to 52,900 by 2022. 20,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be a business manager?
Business managers must exert excellent leadership skills, are experienced in administrative tasks, and must have top-notch organisation skills with an eye for improvement.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills for managing business plans, coordinating meetings and delegating tasks
- Sound knowledge of finance and well-abled to manage business’ financial budget
- Knowledgeable in government policies and regulations, and ensuring business is compliant with such standards
- Excellent communication skills for directing, leading, and guiding subordinate staff
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Clear vision and direction for their company, with a goal-driven and determined mindset