The current average salary of a centre manager is $65,000 - 130,449 per annum
Centre managers are responsible for planning, organising, and coordinating the daily professional operations of their business. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 20,900 workers in 2017 to 26,800 by 2022. 17,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the community services industry.
Centre managers have excellent leadership, delegation, and communication skills, with a drive to meet business goals and a strong understanding of customer service.
- Good with monitoring/evaluating the services their business provides, ensuring they are up to standard
- Innovative mindset; able to come up with creative solutions and implement new ideas
- Are “people-persons”, have excellent interpersonal skills and a good understanding of customer service
- Able to train and supervise staff
- Have clerical skills as well as people skills; for manging files, records, and other word processing-related tasks
- Good with delegating and coordinating tasks among workers