The current average salary of an
is $44,400 - 68,300 annually
A computer technician installs and maintains computer networks for both hardware and software, configures new systems, updates software packages, creates and maintains computer networks, diagnoses and resolves IT issues. More than 80% of workers are male. This sector will grow strongly over the next 5 years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
A computer technician identifies, troubleshoots and resolves computer problems, repairs and maintains computer hardware, software and network/internet issues.
- Software and hardware expertise
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Good communication skills to interact with clients, users, management and developers