The current average salary of an Customer Service Advisor is $55,000 - 70,000 annually
Customer service advisors are the first point of contact for customers seeking to engage or obtain advice from an organisation. They often communicate with customers via a phone call. Employment for customer service advisors to 2019 is expected to grow moderately. Employment in this large occupation grew strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Customer service advisors usually work in call centres and respond to customer complaints, often on the phone but also via the internet and email.
- Accurately listen to, record and respond to customer communications
- Direct incoming customer queries to the advice or service that will best meet their needs
- Work with order systems to solve problems and reach satisfactory conclusions
- Work quickly and efficiently and within company guidelines
- Communicate in a friendly and professional manner with customers and internal departments
- Upsell products or services as appropriate