The current average salary of an Customer Services Officer is $47,400 - 60,600 annually
Customer service officers are responsible for overseeing the operations of a call or contact centre; or the customer support department of a business. Employment for this role is expected to grow very strongly to 2022, from 39,500 workers in 2017 to 46,300 by 2022. 32,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the sales and customer contact industry.
Customer service officers require excellent telecommunication, problem-solving, and leadership skills for handling both customer and team relationships.
- Strong organisational skills for ensuring that all operational processes are running smoothly and efficiently
- Strong teamwork skills for training colleagues and providing them with feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication for assisting with customer inquiries
- A thorough knowledge of their business and the services they provide
- Excellent problem solving skills for dealing with customer complaints
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff providing customer services