The current average salary of an database administrator is $73,000 - 108,000 per annum
Database administrators make use of dedicated software for the storage and organisation of data. They are responsible for the development and administration of database management systems. Employment for database administrators to 2019 is expected to experience strong growth. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Database administrators work with clients to ensure the functioning, dependability, integrity and backup of database systems.
- Designing data storage and manipulation systems including naming conventions and database architecture
- Developing, introducing and implementing database systems policies and standards
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements regarding privacy and information security
- Implementing a series of testing to ensure the integrity of database systems
- Establishing and implementing systems for disaster recovery
- Liaising with external agencies and providers regarding hardware and software requirements