The current average salary of a event coordinator is $50,700 - 63,800 per annum
Event coordinators arrange, promote and execute organised events such as seminars, conferences, parties and other professional or social events. Responsibilities include meeting with clients, coordinating budgets and hiring contractors. The industry is expected to experience strong growth over the next 5 years, employing 31,400 people by 2022.
Read more about the events and tourism industry.
Event coordinators have good customer service, administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills
- A keen sense of time management
- Ability to coordinate resources efficiently
- Ability to work within a budget
- Liaise with contractors
- Able to efficiently perform clerical tasks