The current average salary of an
is $180,600 - 335,700 annually
What does a general manager do?
General managers take part in the long-term and short-term strategic plans of a business, implementing policies and procedures and ensuring training and profit objectives are met. Employment for this role is expected to stay fairly stable to 2022, from 53,000 workers in 2017 to 52,900 by 2022. 20,000 job openings are expected over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be a general manager?
General managers are typically the second-highest management level, reporting to the top executive on the progress of their business.
- Have excellent time management for handling multiple responsibilities and an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with other people and establishing respectful, positive relationships
- Innovative, goal-driven, and determined – with clear vision of company and financial objectives
- An ability to keep updated with the latest trends and movements in their industry
- An ability to keep updated with their local, state, and federal regulations
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills – can determine cost-saving measures and optimise the budget given