The current average salary of an
Human Resources Assistant
is $68,300 - 116,300 annually
What does a Human Resources Assistant do?
A human resources assistant maintains staff records such as salaries, leave taken and accumulated, superannuation, taxes, transfers, promotions and job applications.
Read more about the human resources industry.
What key skills does a Human Resources Assistant have?
Human resources assistants see to documentation pertaining to staff employment, terminations, leave, performance reports and salary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with different kinds of people
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Proficient at technology and software used by human resources
- Ability to make quick decisions and communicate well
- Discreet and ethical to keep staff information confidential
How to become a Human Resources Assistant
If you're interested in becoming a Human Resources Assistant, you'll need to have great HR administration, computer literacy, and communication skills.
The BSB40420 - Certificate IV in Human Resource Management is an ideal qualification to do as it provides you with a basic overview into the industry and helps you prepare for this entry-level role with the relevant skill set.