The current average salary of an
Human Resources Assistant
is $48,500 - 61,300 annually
A human resources assistant maintains staff records such as salaries, leave taken and accumulated, superannuation, taxes, transfers, promotions and job applications. Although this sector will not show a lot of growth, there will be 8,000 job openings over the next 5 years created due to workers leaving and new jobs being created.
Read more about the human resources industry.
Human resources assistants see to documentation pertaining to staff employment, terminations, leave, performance reports and salary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with different kinds of people
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Proficient at technology and software used by human resources
- Ability to make quick decisions and communicate well
- Discreet and ethical to keep staff information confidential