The current average salary of an
is $100,200 - 148,000 annually
IT managers oversee the activities that contribute to the smooth running of computer and network systems within an organisation. They coordinate the work undertaken by other IT professionals. Employment for IT managers to 2019 is expected to grow very strongly over the next five years. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
IT managers are responsible for the development and supervision of computer-related systems to suit a range of business needs.
- Liaise with other managers to ascertain technological requirements across an organisation
- Develop IT strategies to suit business requirements
- Ensure the acquisition and installation of IT resources including hardware and software
- Work within specified budgets
- Ensure compliance with security and legal requirements
- Oversee the training of computer system users