The current average salary of an
is $61,000 - 96,500 annually
IT programmers write computer code in a number of programming languages such as Java and C++. They are also responsible for the testing and trouble shooting of computer systems. Employment for IT programmers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this medium sized occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the Information Technology industry.
IT programmers are responsible for the research, analysis, design and implementation of the computer code required to enable a computer to follow user instructions.
- Understand client requirements and designs
- Create new computer programmes to client specifications
- Have command of a variety of computer programming languages
- Update existing programmes to allow for innovations
- Initiate and control specialist testing and debugging routines
- Communicate with clients throughout the design process