The current average salary of a IT project manager is $103,000 - 147,800 per annum
IT project managers provide leadership to plan and coordinate information technology based projects. Employment for IT project managers to 2019 is expected to grow moderately. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
IT project managers oversee different aspects of technological projects from design to evaluation. They are responsible for coordinating personnel and activities.
- Ensure that IT projects remain on target throughout their lifecycle
- Set and maintain project budgets
- Evaluate the progress and skills of other personnel
- Utilise problem solving skills to keep projects on-track
- Determine the necessity for and implement consequent projects
- Report to other managers throughout a project