The current average salary of an
is $76,500 - 109,500 annually
Network engineers design, configure and install computer networks. They are responsible for the details of an organisation’s network systems. Employment for network engineers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this medium sized occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Network engineers work to ensure the security and smooth running of company networks. They work with network technologies and provide user support.
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients
- Analyse existing complex computer systems and evaluate performance
- Recommend software and hardware improvements to computer networks
- Engage expert skills to troubleshoot problems with computer networks
- Set up new networks and upgrade existing ones
- Monitor network usage with regard to traffic, activity, capacity and performance