The current average salary of an
Network Security Engineer
is $80,000 - 110,000 annually
Network security engineers work with larger organisations to ensure the security of network related hardware and software including network monitoring tools, VPNs and firewalls. Employment for network security engineers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this medium sized occupation fell over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Network security engineers design, implement and monitor a range of tools to ensure network security. Their work requires specialist knowledge.
- Ensure the smooth running of server and network architecture
- Provide solutions for arising security issues such as viruses
- Implement a regular and effective system of testing to maintain security
- Oversee the installation of new system components
- Write policies for system security and ensure adherence to these
- Deal with security breaches as they occur