The current average salary of a network security specialist is $87,850 - 147,900 per annum
Network security specialists are responsible for the procurement, set up and maintenance of hardware and software systems designed to ensure network security. Employment for network security specialists to 2019 is expected to show strong growth. Employment in this large occupation remained stable over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Network security specialists take responsibility for a range of systems and operating procedures that contribute to network security.
- Liaise with other managers to promote good security practices and explain security procedures
- Work with external suppliers to source hardware and software solutions to network security issues
- Deploy, test and maintain security systems such as VPNs, firewalls and email security
- Ensure that hardware and software are well maintained and able to deal with security requirements
- Generate performance and failure reports from a range of monitoring activities
- Ensure that current network system security is suitable for future requirements