The current average salary of an
is $40,600 - 55,000 annually
Office assistants are responsible for a range of clerical tasks including office communications, paperwork and welcoming visitors as directed by an office manager. Employment for office assistants to 2019 is expected to grow strongly. Employment in this very large occupation grew very strongly over the last five years.
Read more about the information technology industry.
Office assistants perform a variety of routine administration tasks vital to the smooth running of an office. Technical office assistants may be required to develop specialist skills.
- Assist with office activities as directed by the office manager
- Answer and make phone calls and take accurate messages
- Work with electronic communications, including email
- Sort, distribute and post incoming and outgoing post
- Manage accurate and secure data records in compliance with relevant legislation
- Communicate with customers and internal staff