The current average salary of an
is $58,000 - 79,000 annually
What does an officer manager do?
Office managers are responsible for the office running smoothly. This means organising resources and facilitating things like system administration and staffing. Employment for office managers is experiencing moderate growth. In 2017 there were 121, 500 office managers employed in Australia and this is expected to rise to 126, 400 by 2022. Over this time 80, 000 jobs are expected to become available.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be an office manager?
Office managers must be highly organised, as they have many responsibilities related to both human resources and the management of physical facilities.
- Oversee the office workflow and delegate tasks
- Set priorities and targets for the office
- Manage records and accounts
- Ensure the space is in compliance with OHS regulations
- Work productively and professionally with all team members
- Conduct performance reviews