The current average salary of an
is $82,300 - 134,000 annually
What does an operations manager do?
Operations managers are directly responsible for the production of goods or provision of services. They coordinate a variety of departments to achieve company goals. Employment for operations managers to 2019 is expected to remain stable. Employment in this very large occupation grew moderately over the last 5 years.
Read more about the administration and business industry.
What skills do you need to be an operations manager?
Operations managers undertake planning, control and coordination activities related to a variety of industries including manufacture, mining and forestry.
- Liaise with senior managers to understand and work within sales and profit goals
- Communicate effectively to ensure the smooth running of company operations
- Effectively control and oversee budgets, managing resources accordingly
- Plan production details with particular regard to resource requirements and costs
- Ensure adherence to standard setting and quality control procedures
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legal requirements including health and safety regulations